Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Stole My Look {7}

Watch Me
(Originally titled: Reality Chick)
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Edition: Paperback; 304 pages
Publication Information: July 6th 2010 by Simon Pulse
Add to Goodreads

She thinks she has nothing to hide… 

Ally has everything under control. She’s about to move into a house full of strangers and have her life broadcast to the world, but as long as she still has her long-distance boyfriend, Corey, nothing can go wrong. Nothing, that is, until Ally starts spending time with her housemate Drew, the hot and sensitive guy who always seems to be around when she needs someone the most. 

As suspicions and lies start pulling Ally and Corey apart, she’s not sure if she can trust anyone, not even herself. Ally is about to learn the hard way that life is what happens when everyone is looking, and it doesn’t always capture her good side….


The Insiders
Author: J. Minter
Edition: Paperback; 200 pages
Publication Information: May 10th 2004 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Add to Goodreads

A captivating, scandalous look into the privileged and turbulent world of five fabulous guys living in Manhattan's trendiest neighborhoods. Jonathan is the leader of the pack-but what will happen if the pack falls apart? Arno's way with the girls makes you wonder, can boys be sluts? David is known as the nice guy, but will he stay that way? Mickey is always in trouble, and Patch is just MIA. They've got rich parents, go to top schools, and have hip friends. With so many parties to go to, colleges to impress, girls to win over, and so much money to spend, who can keep track of it all? And can true friendship really shine through in the end? J. Minter's keen eye for urban teens, their dialogue, and the details of New York City's high life make this a guilty pleasure for readers of the Gossip Girl series and other glitterati novels.

My Thoughts: I own Watch Me, so I was familiar with the cover. When I saw The Insiders on Goodreads I thought that the covers were very similar - however the cover I saw must have been a different edition than this one because it didn't have the blue/green tint to it that makes it appear more different from  Watch Me than I originally believed. They are still very similar though; and so I am using them for this edition of Book Stole My Look.

It's pretty obvious what the similarities are - people on a couch, one barefoot, one still in shoes. I prefer the cover for Watch Me. I think it's cleaner looking, and I really like the font and title placement. The cover for The Insiders is over-edited to me. The tint makes it really unpleasing to the eyes, and the pink of the bar behind the title doesn't seem to really fit with the rest of the colors on the cover. I think it splits the cover too, and I just don't really like anything about it.

My Pick: Watch Me

What do you think?





1 comment:

  1. I prefer the cover for Watch Me too, it just looks a bit nicer.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Love :))