Friday, October 19, 2012

Divergent Movie News - Do we have our Tris?

So it appears that casting for the Divergent movie, based on the book, Divergent by Veronica Roth, has begun! And it looks like there's tons of buzz going around about who'll play Tris Prior... and it looks like Shailene Woodley (AKA Amy Juergens on ABC Family's The Secret Life of the American Teenager) is in the final negotiations to step into Tris's shoes.

Who is Shailene Woodley?
Name: Shailene Diann Woodley
Birthday: November 15, 1991
Hometown: Simi Valley, CA
Acting Career: The Secret Life of the American Teenager | The Descendants | Without a Trace | The District | A Place Called Home | The O.C. | Felicity: An American Girl Adventure | Crossing Jordan | Everybody Loves Raymond | My Name is Earl | CSI: NY | Close to Home | Cold Case | The Spectacular Now | White Bird
Find more info here

Check out more info here:

My Thoughts: So I have watched quite a few episodes of The Secret Life of the American Teenager and I have mixed feelings about Shailene Woodley playing Tris. Shailene's character, Amy Juergens, on Secret Life is super annoying, whiny, and just plain dumb. Sorry - I really can't stand her on there! So, I am really hoping that she is just that amazing at embracing Amy's character, and that she won't be bringing any Amy Juergen-isms to Divergent. She does A LOT of eye rolling, sighing, crossing her arms over her chest, and she plays with her hair ALL THE TIME! I can't see Tris possessing any of these traits. Therefore, Woodley will really need to shed the Amy Juergen's persona to fully please Divergent fans across the world.

What are your thoughts?

Mwah!




1 comment:

  1. I've not seen the movies, but she does seem to be a 'girly' kind of a character, from what I gather from your views and her picture. If she's being selected, I think it'd have been done after proper auditioning for the role. Maybe she'll be acting in a different kind of a role? :)

    I'm excited about a movie on this book anyway, and I'd love it if the characters are totally in sync with the book! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Love :))