Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review {15} Eve & Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate

Eve & Adam
By: Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Publication Information: October 2nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends
Edition: Hardcover, 291 pages
Acquisition: Borrow | Library
Categories: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Romance
Rating: 0 Stars | Did Not Finish; Goodreads Rating: 3.68/5.00
Add to Goodreads

What the Back of the Book Says: In the beginning, there was an apple --

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's head clears, a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother's research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.

Just when Eve thinks she will die -- not from her injuries, but from boredom -- her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect ... won't he?

My Thoughts: I read up to page 128, which is 44% - just under half of the book. What ultimately made me set the book down, is that the pacing is slow, and even though the characters are well done, I just didn't have it in me to care about finishing their story. That sounds harsh, and I don't mean it to! It's not that I hated them, or couldn't connect, I just really wasn't all that into the story.

I found the plot to be interesting and unique. Originally, I thought that it was a dystopian and took place in the future, but it is actually set today. I've never really been into the type of movie or book where there's a mad scientist who is playing God with genetics and creating humans, etc. which is precisely what this book is, so I suppose it isn't a huge shock that it wasn't my cup of tea.

The writing style was fine, other than just a bit slow, I didn't have any major hangups with the pacing or events unfolding, however I really disliked Evening's friend, Aislinn. I would still recommend this book to the right person, but it wasn't for me. The book also seemed to read a bit young, which turned me off as well.

Read this if You Liked this: Dark Star by Bethany Frenette | The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna | Beta by Rachel Cohn | Poison Princess by Kresley Cole | Mystic City by Theo Lawrence

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Some Love :))