Friday, November 2, 2012

Save the Date {10} Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms
By: Morgan Rhodes
Series: Falling Kingdoms #1
Publication Date: December 11th 2012 by Razorbill
Edition: Hardcover, 412 pages
Categories: Young Adult, High Fantasy, Magic, Romance, Paranormal, Adventure
Add to Goodreads

What the Back of the Book Says: In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power - brutally transforming their subjects' lives in the process. A midst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished - and finds himself the leader of a people's revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past - and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

My Thoughts: Holy... Cow. Where do I even begin with all of this amazing awesomeness?! First off, the cover is just gorgeous! I absolutely love it, and it embodies what I would think a (high) fantasy novel should. And then the blurb - oh man, I want this book now! I don't want to wait until December 11th! I'm relatively new to the high fantasy genre, but this one just sounds incredible. I am very interested to see how Rhodes handles the world-building, because it sounds like it's going to be pretty crazy! 

What are your thoughts? Will you be reading this one?

Happy Reading!


1 comment:

  1. Vivian the Spirit says: Woah, this looks epic O_O look at that cover! and I agree! The summary is super enticing as well! <3 December isn't tooooo bad XD Happy waiting!

    p.s. sorry I haven't been around lately :( I'm currently on semi-hiatus-mode so I apologize in advance if I get back comments late, etc. POOF!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Some Love :))