Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Journal {2} + On My Bookshelf {12}

Hey Bookworms! The Sunday Journal is a book and non-book related post, highlighting my Just Finished, Currently Reading, and Up Next books, as well as posts that went up during the week, and any interesting fun facts that happened during the week.

JUST FINISHED: The Indigo Spell [Bloodlines #3] by Richelle Mead


CURRENTLY READING: Icons [Icons #1] by Margaret Stohl |[Book Club Pick] Falling Kingdoms [Falling Kingdoms #1] by Morgan Rhodes |[Read Along Book] Innocent Darkness [The Aether Chronicles #1] by Suzanne Lazear



UP NEXT: Impostor [Variants #1] by Susanne Winnacker



ON MY BOOKSHELF {12}

I ended up going into a part of the city this weekend where my favorite used book store, Rust Belt Books, is located. I picked up 2 books, plus received 1 ARC to share with you!

PURCHASED
Android Karenina by Leo Tolstoy & Ben H. Winter


RECEIVED FROM PUBLISHER
The Fury [The Fury #1] by Alexander Gordon Smith


I also picked up this makeup kit from Ulta that was put out by Nyx cosmetics in anticipation of the release of The Mortal Instruments movie. You can check it out in more detail HERE. I haven't played around with it too much yet, but I am planning on trying out the two looks that they give you instructions for. I am considering doing some type of post where I do makeup looks inspired by book covers, or movies. I'm still playing around with the idea and how I would do it (photos versus videos etc) but if you think that would be cool, let me know in the comments.


WEEKLY WRAP-UP
I spent a good part of this week sick with something eerily close to the flu, and got behind in my reading. This weekend was a busy one, too so I really have to buckle down, since between the book club book, the read along book, and then my review book... I've got a lot to read! We had nice weather this weekend, so I was able to spend some time with friends and boyfriend and I also took his parents out for their anniversary, which was really nice! We tried a new restaurant that we found, and luckily for us they had vegan options so we were happy about that. This upcoming week we have a 4th of July BBQ with boyfriend's side of the family (his sister, who happens to be my BFF will be up visiting from Long Island with her hubby and my beautiful niece/goddaughter who just turned 1 in February!) and then Saturday is a Girl's Day at a local spa, which I CANNOT WAIT FOR! What are you up to this week, and what are your plans for the 4th? Any traditions in your family that you do every year? We go up to the University at Buffalo (aka UB for the locals!) to watch fireworks - best display in town!

UP ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK
MONDAY - I gave 3-Stars to Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood in my review of this historical-paranormal novel about witches.
TUESDAY - I focused on mermaid themed covers on I Love Your Cover.
WEDNESDAY - Save the Date {18} featured Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub
THURSDAY. FRIDAY. and SATURDAY I didn't get anything up because I was feeling so yucky.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Some Love :))