Monday, March 3, 2014

REVIEW {35} This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

THIS LULLABY

SERIES: Stand Alone
AUTHOR: Sarah Dessen
PUBLICATION INFORMATION: March 8th 2004 by Speak
EDITION: Paperback; 345 pages
ACQUISION: Purchased


CATEGORIES: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, 4 Star Rating, Speak, Review, Sarah Dessen
RATING: 4.00/5.00 | GOODREADS RATING: 4.07/5.00


WHAT IT'S ABOUT: She's got it all figured out.
Or does she? When it comes to relationships, Remy's got a whole set of rules.
Never get too serious. Never let him break your heart. And never, ever date a musician.
But then Remy meets Dexter, and the rules don't seem to apply anymore.
Could it be that she's starting to understand what all those love songs are about?

MY THOUGHTS: There is something about a Sarah Dessen novel that just keeps me coming back for more! I don't read very much contemporary romance, but when I do get in the mood for a good love story, I find myself reaching for a Sarah Dessen novel because her characters are so real, so flawed and imperfect, that you can't help but love them!


I instantly loved Remy's character, and was completely smitten with Dexter! I will admit that I was annoyed with how long it took Remy to realize that Dexter is completely amaze-balls, but she did, eventually, and everything was right in the world again!


I could definitely relate to the whole band scene too, and loved how passionate the boys in Truth Squad are about their music - doing whatever was needed to make money to succeed. 

Another great element is Remy's group of friends. They really remind me of the girls on the Carrie Diaries. I wish I had a group of friends like these when I was in high school!

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves contemporary romance and just an all around feel good story without a perfect heroine thrown at you. I'm a Dessen fan for life!


SIMILAR READS: Bloom by Elizabeth Scott | When it Happens by Susane Colasanti | Second Helpings (Jessica Darling #2) by Megan McCafferty | The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti | It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han | Going too Far by Jennifer Echols



Happy Reading!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Some Love :))