Monday, May 26, 2014

What the Future Holds...

Hola, Bookworms!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted!




So I figured I should let everyone know where I've been, and what's going on.


I announced kind of unceremoniously a few months back that I was getting married and having a baby. Well my husband and I tied the knot on March 9th, 2014... and I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with a little baby girl that we are going to name Abigail Grace. We are both so excited and feel completely blessed that our little family will be made whole with the addition of our sweet girl. 

So the past few months have been a roller coaster, to say the least! The first trimester and part way into the second was a little rough for this momma-to-be. When the morning sickness and fatigue finally wore off, it was a head first dive into preparing the house for a baby. And now, 4-weeks out from my due date, I've entered that blasted "nesting" phase where I must make lists and occupy all of my time with folding and refolding baby clothes, moving things around in the nursery, and giving my poor husband mile-long to-do lists that he gratefully accepts without a word lol

Therefore, my reading has been more like a lack-of-reading. And baby brain is no joke - I remember very little of what I've read to actually write a review when I sit down to do so (for the few books I did actually finish!). So, I've been pretty much MIA from the book blogosphere, which really bites. 

So mainly I wanted to write a post to let you know where I've been, and I want to tell you what the future holds for the blog, but right now I really don't know. I am not going to be giving up blogging, but I know that a baby is going to severely impact my ability to read and finish books, and then have time to post reviews, etc. I also work full-time out of the house, so that will limit my time even further. Hopefully I will have time to get posts up and still be a part of the book blogging world, it's just a matter of how cooperative baby Abby is. If she is like me and will grow to love books when she is older, then she will cooperate. If she is like her daddy and gets bored and can't sit still and only reads when the new issue of Game Informer shows up in the mailbox, well, then my fellow book addicts - I may be screwed.

In closing, I really hope that I can fit blogging into my life post-baby. Whether that means mainly just reviews or quick easy posts - or moving to doing just Goodreads and/or Tumblr reviews and not really using the blog as much - I'm not sure. It's going to be a learning process to see what works and what doesn't. But one thing is for sure - my love of books is as strong as ever, and my desire to share them with the world is too - so this is only See you later.... not good bye!

XoXo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Some Love :))